241 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Curtis_Budka
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Have a database of almost 500 pieces of heavy equipment with multiple manufacturers- each having a different style serial number. Each of the manufacturers put our updates by serial number (for software, parts failure issues, saftey issues, etc). Each update document has its own unique code and a list of serial numbers that it applies to.

Here’s what I’ve started: I take the s/n list from each document and put it into a spreadsheet and upload it via the .csv block, so each record created represents a single update that applies to that machine. This is done in its own base because I don’t want to use up my record limit, just two update documents meant 700 new records.

So I am looking for a way to find the matching serial numbers one machine at a time in the new “imported file” base, and use that collection of info to link the machine in the machine table to the proper update in the update table.

Sorry if this is confusing.

1 Reply 1
Curtis_Budka
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hopefully these will help, customer and partial serial numbers blocked out because these are real machines and real customers.

1-airtable.png 2-airtble.png airtable3.png