cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Gardner1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello-

I am looking to extract a specific file saved art image as “FINAL” when we have 10 plus revisions in one field/cell. Meaning the designers have revisions of art file attachments and I want to create a button based on the file type URL that only contains the word FINAL in the saved attachment.

RIGHT(LEFT({ART FILES}, LEN({ART FILES}) - 1), LEN(LEFT({ART FILES}, LEN({ART FILES}) - 1)) - SEARCH(“https://”, {ART FILES}) + 1)

How do I have it only find the word FINAL and create only the button URL link to that file only.

Thanks!
Scott

3 Replies 3

If I were to create this formula, I would use a regular expression.

However, I would not write this formula because attachment urls extracted using formulas are going to become invalid in November.

For @Scott_Gardner1’s purposes, these URLs won’t work properly, but I think that the new URLs produced by formulas in November will still open the attachment within Airtable if you are a logged-in collaborator. I’m not 100% sure about this, though, as Airtable has been unclear about this.

I agree with you on this. The other thread that I linked to said that attachment urls will be invalid. Maybe the plan changed into turning them into viewer urls.

I am now seeing the concept of buttons opening attachments in this blog post, but without specific instructions on how to do so.