Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuentinLeblond
5 - Automation Enthusiast

HI
I face an auto-categorization issue with no solution so far

I update a table with hundreds of credit card transactions, with lot of them recurring with 95% of the text string similar from a month to another month.

Is there any chance there is a solution that would save me from categorizing 10 times the line 'Airtable' as 'Online Services' , or even better, that categorizing once 'Airtable November 2022' would allow to automatically categorize in the same way 'Airtable December 2022', 'Airtable January 2023', 'Airtable February 2023', etc...?

Many thanks for your help

14 Replies 14

Working with No-code platforms (I’m looking at you MS PowerAutomate Flow…) can be like a visit to the dentist… I really like Airtables approach - but that’s not to say there’s still plenty of room for improvement. Which reminds me, I have a backlog of feature requests that I need to post to the new Product Ideas forums section. 

https://community.airtable.com/t5/product-ideas/idb-p/productideas

QuentinLeblond

Thanks a lot guys !

StilMan25

@QuentinLeblond I'm going to share a free and no code at all solution with you.. although not Airtable related!

Wave Accounting is completely free to use and not only auto-categorizes based upon your expense accounts, it also integrates with most banks and credit card providers.

I'm not affiliated in any way, just a user who has had great results. Hope that helps solve your issue.

Hello Karlstens

This discussion came back up in my mails, so having a look at it again 😉
Fact 1 : no proper solution so far. I have sorted out a very heavy automation but not satisfying

Fact 2 : i tested your code, and for a reason I dont get, it only partially works as 1/ I cant get the 'No Match' printed in the required field when there is no match, and 2/ some times a word gets several answers despite not being in any single category (see attached with the word 'Good')
On top of this, I might need to ask for exact (or quasi exact) match to be valid, otherwise the risk is definitely to match wrong things together. 
Happy to chat if ever you have  any brilliant idea, given you're way better than me on these matters 😂
Many thanks !!

Thanks a lot,$

Very kind, but I already have too many tools in my dashboards, so complicated for me to add one just for this...

Appreciated though, many thanks !