Help

Automated reminder emails to users based on event location matching their location

240 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annie4
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone - I have a Airtable based that hosts events across states. And another base that hosts emails and location of users. I'm trying to create an automation that send emails weekly event reminders to users based on the event location that matches the users chosen locations

In the email list base - a user can input multiple location based on their preferences. 

In the event based - events are listed based on state. 

I think I should be doing the automation in the email list and link that to the event base. I hope to send a list or grid of event to X user name and email. 

I was able to setup the first half of the automation using find records but not sure how I can automatically send the emails with limited manual work. could someone please help me out? 

Happy to share my base to assist 

3 Replies 3

Airtable has a guide on how to send email digests which I think should do what you're looking for: https://support.airtable.com/docs/how-to-create-email-digests-with-automations

Let me know if there's a specific bit you got stuck on and I can take a look at it for you!

Annie4
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Adam - thanks for coming back. I used this method outlined in the document shared. 

However I''m still unable to send to individual users - their own list of events. It adds every email address to the "To" field.

My solution was to BCC the entire list of emails and use a dummy email in the 2 field. 

Hoping there is a more personalized way to send these emails out using the dynamic values.

Hmm, try using a 'Find Record' action on the table that contains all the users, and then use a repeating group on the output of that action.  Inside the repeating group, use a 'Find Record' action to identify the events relevant to that specific user and then use a 'Send Email' action to send them the results?