Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Automatically subtract parts inventory from products sold

Topic Labels: Formulas
313 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone, and @Jeremy_Oglesby in particular. I desperately need some assistance on this one. What I would really like is to be able to set up a product list with an automated parts inventory list. The moment I hit [PRODUCT SOLD], the designated parts to that particular product then should be subtracted from the parts inventory list automatically. To be able to do this I grouped records under a product type in a many to many junction table and told Airtable how many parts each product consists of. But… I cannot get this to work.

Here you’ll find a copy of the base. The base is still somewhat of a mess. I translated the base as well as I could from Dutch to English in order for you folks to be able to peek in, please do:

But then, then I found the jewelry base of @jeremy_Oglesby in the Airtable universe, like here. That’s quite something, but it seems that I still have to manually subtract the parts inventory table when I hit [FULFILLED] in the ORDER REQUEST TAB. Do I understand the workflow correctly? It would be so very nice when that would go automatically…

So, in the end I really doubt wether this idea is possible in the first place. On top of that, I cannot say I am into formulas, but I do find out how formula stuff works by playing the copy-cat through Google, or here on the forum. Unfortunately I am not on the Pro plan, but if that is necessary to get this done I will.

Will you please help me out here? @Jeremy_Oglesby, @K_V @W_Vann_Hall @AlliAlosa or anyone who is really into this stuff? Many to many thanks :slightly_smiling_face: in advance from the Netherlands!

0 Replies 0