Help

Can I write a formula that will include info from different fields?

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
369 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa_Wetherby
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a table where static information about my volunteers lives.

In it, I have a field (Static Notes) with an IF statement that looks to see if they have a check mark in "Qualified" (to walk dogs) and if they do, it returns "DDW" (designated dog walker), which then shows up on the schedule.

Can I write a nested IF statement that looks at a different field altogether (Training Status) and if they "Need More Training" returns "Trainee" in the Static Notes field (the same field where DDW would appear)?

Or do IF statements only distinguish between options in one field? And if that's true, how would I get various information (other qualifications, for example) to show up in my Static Notes field?

Thank you! (I'm learning all of this by feeling my way in the dark - appreciate everyone who is willing to take my elbow and keep me from crashing into furniture along the way!)

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeap, there are a bunch of ways to do it and here's one:

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 8.59.06 AM.png

IF(
  Qualified,
  'DDW\n'
) &
IF(
  {Training Status} = "Need More Training",
  'Trainee\n'
) 

The '\n' denotes a new line
Link to base

See Solution in Thread

Well, that looks good, but it's not working. I feel like that is often the way with Airtable.
I had the formula written already for DDW and was trying to add in Trainee. It's still working for DDW, but no joy on the Trainee front. Sigh.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeap, there are a bunch of ways to do it and here's one:

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 8.59.06 AM.png

IF(
  Qualified,
  'DDW\n'
) &
IF(
  {Training Status} = "Need More Training",
  'Trainee\n'
) 

The '\n' denotes a new line
Link to base

Well, that looks good, but it's not working. I feel like that is often the way with Airtable.
I had the formula written already for DDW and was trying to add in Trainee. It's still working for DDW, but no joy on the Trainee front. Sigh.

Hm, could you provide screenshots of what you've attempted so I can help?  I'd be happy to take a look at this for you if you DM me a link to your base too!