cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maesihox
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi!

I have two checkbox fields, column A and column B.

In the column C, a formula, I would to write: Column A checked and Column B checked. I would like the result as a checked checkbox.

Do you know if it is possible to see the result as a checked checkbox?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Maesihox! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Unfortunately formulas can only output text, numbers, and dates. However, emojis fall under the text category, and there’s a green checkbox emoji. Your formula might look something like this:

IF(AND({Column A}, {Column B}), "✅")

That would output the emoji if the checkboxes in both {Column A} and {Column B} are checked; otherwise it would leave the field blank.

Will that work?

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Maesihox! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Unfortunately formulas can only output text, numbers, and dates. However, emojis fall under the text category, and there’s a green checkbox emoji. Your formula might look something like this:

IF(AND({Column A}, {Column B}), "✅")

That would output the emoji if the checkboxes in both {Column A} and {Column B} are checked; otherwise it would leave the field blank.

Will that work?

Maesihox
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you very much! :smiling_face_with_halo:

I know this solution but I don’t think at first. It works :thumbs_up:

JMSV
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would be nice with a formatting option of 1 = ✔️ and 0 = , so that when you refer to it you can still just refer to IF(Checkbox=1,...) instead of IF(Checkbox=✔️) or even better have true and false being actual booleans. For now it works though.