1134 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan_Kiekeben
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a projects table where I link multiple records from a resources table. The linked records (resources) have different attributes (e.g. aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd) that come from a “single-select” field.

My challenge now is to find projects where resources of a special attribute (e.g. bbb) are linked.

Is there a function/formula field I could use to color records in my view?

I’m not the full Expert on automation or formulas, but I think of a formula that goes to the link of the record, looks for the attribute, and then makes it possible to color or maybe write a “true/false” to another field and I color/filter/group for that.

Currently the only solution I could find is to separate the resource-link field into a "link “bbb” resources here (links based on a filtered view) and all other resources on another field. Thus I see in a coulum quickly if a resource with the attribute “bbb” is linked. I don’t like this approach as I want to have all resources linked to a project in one field. It would be enough to color my projects in a view if a resource with attribute “bbb” is linked or not.

11 Replies 11

Oh yes, I’ve had that solution already. This rollup works looking on one field, but not two.

Look here: This is the solution you propose. The rollup is looking into the Primary Resource and rolls up when there is a link with prop powered electric.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-16 um 09.35.44
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-16 um 09.35.35

The challenge now is to look in Primary and Backup Resource at the same time for a prop electric linked record. Here is an example. Find the “VW ID3” in both resource links.

I’m wondering if there is a solution using a formula?

I tried the “REGEX solution”, as you can see in the column left to the rollup. I can only make it work with a REGEX matching for “VW” here, but not the prop of the resource “electric” which would make it work for all resources regardless of a naming convention.

The only hacky solution I was able to find is using a “naming convention” on resources and then use a REGEX to match against the name.

Here is how it works:

Make the resource identifier a naming convention “[description] - [powered]” in the resource table.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-16 um 09.52.27

Then match with the REGEX “electric” in the projects table.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-16 um 09.52.52

What I don’t like is, that this solution does not scale well to many props.
Is there a better solution that scales?