cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hady_Abdelnour
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey Lovely People,

I have been searching endlessly on Airtable community for a formula that helps convert numbers into texts (such as 1,555 into one thousand, five hundred and fifty five).

There were some extremely complicated formulas that simply didn’t work the way they should and there are no scripts. I wish I was a developer to do one. Is there someone out there interested in helping creating such a script? Please note that I need them more than 9,999 (meaning I have some numbers in millions as well).

Best,
Hady

6 Replies 6

To the contrary…

Asked and answered in far greater detail than one could ever hope! Pay close attention to this message and this one by @Liz_Treacy.

The Internet is filled with tons of JavaScripts that convert numbers into words. This thread alone contains 3 different scripts:

Hey Thanks for this. Can you help me with this, If I use this code:

How do I tell my app which one is the column that s the feeding the numbers and which one is the column that s the taking the letters?

Here’s a working Script Block example.

hassan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Write 53,078,064 out in words

jitendradev
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

There are tons of JavaScript packages available online that translate numbers into words. 

if you are looking for a readymade solution for number conversion you can use an online number to word converter 

and for for development in Javascript you can use the npm package to words or