cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarahLouise
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Morning! 

This is probable really simple...but I'm struggling to find the formula i need and wondered if you lovely people could assist please?

Basically I'm trying to add a date in a formula output, so if the ccf column has a number in it copies the number across to the formula output column, and if the ccf is empty then it says 'no ccf 10/04/24'  (todays date)

This is as far as i've got - i cant figure out how to copy the info across or add todays date on - anyone know the simple fix for this please? 

IF({CCF  *Customer order number*} >0,  "CCF ATTACHED", "NO CCF") 
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jsep

You can use BLANK() to identify when a field is empty

Also you can use the '&' text operator to join fields and strings together to  create 'no ccf 10/04/24' string.

For example something like this:

IF(CCF = BLANK(), "no ccf " & DATETIME_FORMAT(TODAY(), "D/MM/YY"), "CCF = " & CCF)

Result:

jsep_0-1712742884861.png

I'm using DATETIME_FORMAT to have the date in "D/MM/YY" format, TODAY to have the today's date.

I hope this helps. If you need more help feel free to schedule call with me. .

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
jsep

You can use BLANK() to identify when a field is empty

Also you can use the '&' text operator to join fields and strings together to  create 'no ccf 10/04/24' string.

For example something like this:

IF(CCF = BLANK(), "no ccf " & DATETIME_FORMAT(TODAY(), "D/MM/YY"), "CCF = " & CCF)

Result:

jsep_0-1712742884861.png

I'm using DATETIME_FORMAT to have the date in "D/MM/YY" format, TODAY to have the today's date.

I hope this helps. If you need more help feel free to schedule call with me. .

SarahLouise

Thank you so much 🙂