917 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Ma
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello, Looking for a method to count records in another table. In this case, I have a table with part numbers and their associated product. In another table, I want to count for each product, how many parts are in it by counting the part numbers from the first table. TYIA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vivid-Squid
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Airtable being a database first, works a little differently than a spreadsheet. Since Parts and Products are separate concepts with unique metadata, they should be in separate tables. Then you link those records and you can use the native airtable features to count.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hi @Alex_Ma,
You have the parts linked to the products? In the products table add a Count field to count the linked parts.

Alex_Ma
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Vivid-Squid Parts and Products are in 1 table. and I’d like to do the count in another table.The first image is what’s in table 1. The second is what I want to show in the 2nd table where I’m trying to figure out the formula for the # Parts column. Thanks

Screenshot from 2022-10-03 15-40-19

Screenshot from 2022-10-03 15-43-27

Vivid-Squid
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Airtable being a database first, works a little differently than a spreadsheet. Since Parts and Products are separate concepts with unique metadata, they should be in separate tables. Then you link those records and you can use the native airtable features to count.