Help

Re: Create a formula for a field that is one hour AFTER something is marked "approved"

619 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mary_Schafrath1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there! Essentially, I'm triggering content to "publish" to a site 1 hour after it's been approved. How do I write a formula for 1 hour AFTER the Accepted-time field?

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 12.50.39 PM.png

2 Replies 2
Mary_Schafrath1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also, is there a way to modify the Accepted-time field, so that the date and time are removed if the Accepted checkmark is applied and then removed?

I'm trying to create a buffer so that if someone accidentally Accepts something, we'll have time to uncheck it before it's automatically published.

Try something like:

IS_AFTER(
  NOW(),
  DATEADD({Accepted-time}, 1, 'hours')
)

And if it outputs "1" then it's one hour after the accepted time

Note that this will not be accurate though, from the notes of "NOW()" from the formula field reference:

```
This function updates when the formula is recalculated, when a base is loaded, or otherwise roughly every 15 minutes when a base is open. If the base is closed, it will update approximately every hour only when the base has time-dependent automation triggers or actions, or sync dependencies.
```

> Also, is there a way to modify the Accepted-time field, so that the date and time are removed if the Accepted checkmark is applied and then removed?

Yeap you can use an automation for this if you're open to changing your workflow a bit.  If you could create a single select field with a specific option like "Accidentally accepted" or something, you could get your automation to trigger when the single select field has that option, and its action would be to clear the "Accepted time" field. 

The reason I ask you to change your workflow is, with a checkbox, if you set the automation to trigger when it's unchecked, it would run automatically for every record that gets created which is probably not what you want