2438 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roger_L
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello - I’m brand-spankin’-new to Airtable. All I need is a formula to show the entered date as “Quarter / Year” e.g. 08/05/2020 should show up as: Q3/2020

I’ve been working w/ the instructions here - but I don’t need the shifting of a fiscal year that’s different than the calendar year and since I’m a noob - I don’t know which section of the formula is actually doing that.

I’m also liking the formula that simpy uses the SWITCH(Month({FieldName}) I found here on the community forum, but I don’t know how to format it to include the Year and " / " between the quarter and year.
SWITCH(MONTH({Field Name}), 1, "Q1", 2, "Q1", 3, "Q1", 4, "Q2", 5, "Q2", 6, "Q2", 7, "Q3", 8, "Q3", 9, "Q3", 10, "Q4", 11, "Q4", 12, "Q4" )

So 2 possible answers, 1) Show me where the year shift is happening in the linked article formula, or 2) show me how to add the slash / and Year in the above SWITCH formula.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Roger_L!

You could just use the DATETIME_FORMAT function to call the quarter & year like this:

IF({Your Date Field},
"Q" & DATETIME_FORMAT({Your Date Field},'Q/YYYY')
)

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Roger_L!

You could just use the DATETIME_FORMAT function to call the quarter & year like this:

IF({Your Date Field},
"Q" & DATETIME_FORMAT({Your Date Field},'Q/YYYY')
)

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

AHHHH THANK YOU! So much simpler.