Help

DATEADD not working?

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
1654 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve_Jewell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All,
I am trying to use the DATEADD formula to add a number of years to a date, The date is in one table and the number of years to add is in another table.
DATEADD(Date,{Years till expiry}, ‘Years’)
This just returns the same date as the date field. Annoyingly if I remove the {Years to Expiry} and just put a number in there it works fine, But i need to pull a different number of years depending on another field.
image

I am trying to produce an expiry date for a qualification which is linked to a Google drive. the qualifications are listed in another table with the years to expiry number linked to each qualification. once this works i will want to run some conditional formatting in a report to see which qualifications are out of date.
I have tried formatting the columns to integer and decimal.
Thanks in advance

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Change your lookup field to a rollup field. You can use the formula SUM(values). Since there is only one value, the sum will be the same as the actual value.

Lookup fields do not play well with formula fields. Sometimes they return arrays and sometimes not.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Change your lookup field to a rollup field. You can use the formula SUM(values). Since there is only one value, the sum will be the same as the actual value.

Lookup fields do not play well with formula fields. Sometimes they return arrays and sometimes not.

Thats great thanks time to look at rollup fields!!

Steve

sjsweeney
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Here just to add my thanks to this fix. I am making a garden calendar and needed to add a number of days to bloom/harvest to a planting date. The number of days is being referenced from another table. The lookup field was not working for me initially, but changing it to a rollup completely worked.