3682 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harry_Batten
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, how can I extract the 6" and the 8" from these strings?
Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 16.29.17

14 Replies 14

Thanks, I think i’m doing something wrong with it though as its giving me an error message.

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 14.28.38

I meant for you to do the formula from the other table, but if you’re doing it from this table, then you need to add &"" after each reference to the field.

Add it IMMEDIATELY AFTER the closing curly bracket for BOTH of your field references.

Amazing, that did it, many thanks!

An once again, there are many different ways of doing things. We were all looking a extracting the number from different strings …

• extracting from the linked record field
  • extracting from the original record
  • extracting from a lookup of the original record

Also, this new screen shot shows more information and an inconsistent data format for the 12 option–it doesn’t have the inches specifier, probably doesn’t have a space, and doesn’t list number of portions. If there is no space, it will mess up the formula that looks for a space.

I still prefer a schema change to get the size in a field by itself, with a formula field to state the portions.

Yeah, people usually use lookups instead of rollups. But that doesn’t mean that lookups are better than rollups. With a rollup, I always know what data type I’m getting at the end (number, string, or array). With a lookup it is hard to be sure. This screen shot is one example why I dislike lookups.