cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ellen_Gottschli
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there-

I have a list of around 200 e-mails that I would like to search for in my table, so the “filter” function is not going to work here.

Is there a simple workaround that will allow me to create a grid view of just these 200 e-mails, from a list of thousands? Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Welcome to the community, @Ellen_Gottschling! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: What I recommend doing is marking each of those 200-ish records in some way, then use that marking system to create a filter. For example, you could add a checkbox field, check it for those records, then filter only those records where that field is checked. Another option is to use a single-select field, and filter on a specific option from that field.

Will that work for your needs?

Simple? No.

But there is a workaround - this is yet another reason the Script Block exists.

I recommend:

• A simple script that reads a table of target email addresses and then also reads the source table to be searched.
  • The script would look through each record in the source table to see if it exists in the array of target objects.
  • When a “hit” is found, it adds the source record to a results object as well as a link to that record using the record ID.
  • Lastly, it renders the hits object as a browsable table in the script block with each link opening the relevant record.

Easier said than done, but I’ll bet there are some devs here that would love to tackle this.

Hi @Justin_Barrett- thanks for the reply. What I’m trying to avoid is having to search these e-mails one by one in order to do as you suggested (adding a checkbox field, etc.)

@Bill.French I think this is exactly what I’m looking for. The end result being that my source table has a column that indicates if the record’s email exists in the table of target email addresses.

I don’t think that hits the requirement. I have [perhaps incorrectly] gleaned that @Ellen_Gottschling has many more than 200 records to evaluate against the list of 200+ target emails.

Exactly, I have more than 8,000 records in my source table.

Yep, okay. The script block could also update a field in the source table to make this indication.

You might want to make a variant of this request and post it in the Script Block topic asking for a quick-and dirty script to get you started.