cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADK
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

Want to strike through text in a cell if a given string is found in another cell in that row.  Is this possible?

The cell whose text I want to strike through is already a concatenation of various other field values.  It's looking in a different field for the term "OMIT", and if that is found I'd like the text strike-through'd.

The "OMIT" will be searched for in a single select field, but I don't think that matters since I've already successfully searched for and IF'd stuff based on single select text contents.

TIA for any assistance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This would be tricky to do. The only field type that can show strike-through formatting is a long text field with rich text turned on.

Airtable also cannot use formulas to format text. It's not like a spreadsheet.

There might be a way to have an automation that manually adds the markdown for strikethrough to the text, and then copies that markdown text to a rich text field. But whether this works really depends on your workflow and the number of automations you have, and how changes are entered. Really, too many variables.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This would be tricky to do. The only field type that can show strike-through formatting is a long text field with rich text turned on.

Airtable also cannot use formulas to format text. It's not like a spreadsheet.

There might be a way to have an automation that manually adds the markdown for strikethrough to the text, and then copies that markdown text to a rich text field. But whether this works really depends on your workflow and the number of automations you have, and how changes are entered. Really, too many variables.

That's a drag but makes sense.  Thank you for your help.

Front-end issues are obviously not taken seriously; looking forward to updates.