Help

Re: Formula for formatting linked records for uploading to Webflow CMS as multi-reference fields using CSV

1760 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Good
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Webflow’s CSV import for their CMS now supports multi-reference fields (announcement link). Multi-reference field content must be separated by semicolons within it’s cell.

When I use a Lookup on the linked record in Airtable, i get what i need but with content separated by a comma instead of a semicolon.

I thought a simple SUBSTITUTE formula would finish the job for me, but I can’t seem to get it working, I get an ERROR! message every-time, and wondering if anyone can spot something obvious i might be getting wrong here?

So i have been trying:
SUBSTITUTE({name},",",";")

and the field contains a bunch of slugs. So i have:
blog-title-one, blog-title-two, blog-title-three
and i am trying to use a formula to get:
blog-title-one; blog-title-two; blog-title-three

Any help much appreciated.

1 Reply 1
JudoHacker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m sorry, I don’t know why SUBSTITUTE is not working for you.

But, have you considered using PowerImporter’s Airtable to Webflow sync tool? Instead of forcing your base into Webflow’s CSV import format, you can simply map your fields with PowerImporter and it will copy your Airtable base into your Webflow CMS and manage the multi-reference fields between your collections for you.

And, you’ll be able to keep your Airtable base in sync with your Webflow CMS automatically, without having to export your Airtable base to CSV each time you want to update your Webflow (without creating duplicates).