531 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tendi_Muchenje
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a table that has among other fields , OWNER, DATE OF MEETING, DISCOUNT. It has several different owners who I have met at different dates and given different discounts.

I want to create a view that will show me only the OWNER and the last DISCOUNT I gave them at the most recent DATE OF MEETING. Nothing else.

I have tried to create a column with formula MAX(DATE). Didn’t work. I also tried to group the records by owner then apply a Max, but I may have done it wrong because it did not work either. A

Any assistance with a solution would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Hey @Tendi_Muchenje, I’ve set something up here that should do what you’re looking for. It needs OWNER to be its own table so that we can use rollups to get the most recent date to feed it back into the original table though

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 4.14.45 PM

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 4.14.56 PM

Creation steps:

1. Have the records linked to the correct Owners records
  2. In the Owners table, create a rollup field on the Date value from Table 1 with the formula MAX(values)
    • This will give us the most recent entry date
  3. In Table 1, create a lookup field to pull over the most recent entry date from the Owners table
  4. Use a formula field to check the Date value against the most recent date pulled in via step 3
  5. Use the output of that formula field for your filter!

Welcome to the community, @Tendi_Muchenje!

I show how to do this in this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast: