Help

How can I make my Switch Formula conditional on another column?

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
435 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kcross
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Kcross_0-1697651226793.png

I have a switch formula setup to calculate Experience Brief Due Date and Opportunity Case Due date based on the Estimate size of the project, however I only want these values to pull in for items that are added during Quarterly Planning (not Intake-Ad Hoc Requests)-- Is there a way to set up the Switch Formula to be conditional on the value in the far right column (when the project was added)?

Here is my current switch formula:

Experience Brief Due Date:

SWITCH( {Estimated size},"Small  (2-4 weeks)", DATEADD({Target in market date}, "-35", "days"),
"Medium (4-6 weeks)", DATEADD({Target in market date}, "-49", "days"), "Large (6-8 weeks)", DATEADD({Target in market date}, "-63", "days"))
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

You can use:

IF({When was this added}="Quarterly Planning", SWITCH( {Estimated size},"Small  (2-4 weeks)", DATEADD({Target in market date}, "-35", "days"),
"Medium (4-6 weeks)", DATEADD({Target in market date}, "-49", "days"), "Large (6-8 weeks)", DATEADD({Target in market date}, "-63", "days")))

ps: use the right field name for {When was this added}

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

You can use:

IF({When was this added}="Quarterly Planning", SWITCH( {Estimated size},"Small  (2-4 weeks)", DATEADD({Target in market date}, "-35", "days"),
"Medium (4-6 weeks)", DATEADD({Target in market date}, "-49", "days"), "Large (6-8 weeks)", DATEADD({Target in market date}, "-63", "days")))

ps: use the right field name for {When was this added}
Kcross

Thank you so much, this worked!

Kcross

Is there a way to add onto this formula to return the created date if "When was this added to the Plan?" does not equal "Quarterly Planning"?

Current Formula:

IF({When was this added to the Plan?}="Quarterly Planning", SWITCH( {Estimated size},"Small  (2-4 weeks)", DATEADD({Target in market date}, "-35", "days"),