Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

How can I pull the original URL of an attachment from a Cloud service like DropBox

Topic Labels: Formulas
859 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Shaw1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

If I add an attachment of an Image via DropBox, is there any way to see, use a formula, or API, to pull the actual DropBox URL instead of the Airtable URL which of course expires?

3 Replies 3
Devinder_Singh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Unfortunately, the original URL is not available. 

See https://support.airtable.com/docs/airtable-attachment-url-behavior

Yes, it is very easy to have Dropbox and Airtable communicate with each other by using Make's Dropbox integrations & Make's Airtable integrations.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. In that thread, I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. If anybody reading this post needs help linking Dropbox to Airtable, and you have a budget to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

Mike_Shaw1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks, I just needed an image hosting solution and I figured out how to simply change the last code in the dropbox link and it works for AT: You need to change the ?dl=0 at the end of the link to ?raw=1