546 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Sander
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, please dont be too harsh with me I am starting with this and have a simple question I cannot solve by myself though trying different combinations of formulas.

I have 3 fields : possibleloan1, possibleloan2, loanoutput. I want a formula that defines loanoutput. Loanoutput is possibleloan1 if possibleloan1 is greater or equal possibleloan1. if possibleloan1 is minor possibleloan2 , loanoutput should be possibleloan2.

I tried for loanoutput:
IF(possibleloan1 > possibleloan2, TRUE(possibleloan1), FALSE(possibleloan2))
Do you know what I did wrong?
Airtable is not accepting the formula itself though I wrote it in accordance to the guidelines.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Tim_Sander.

You’re very close, but you would not use the functions TRUE() or FALSE(). Those stand on their own (without anything within the parenthesis), and are typically used to return 1 for true or 0 for false.

So, your formula would look like this:

IF(possibleloan1 > possibleloan2, possibleloan1, possibleloan2)

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Tim_Sander.

You’re very close, but you would not use the functions TRUE() or FALSE(). Those stand on their own (without anything within the parenthesis), and are typically used to return 1 for true or 0 for false.

So, your formula would look like this:

IF(possibleloan1 > possibleloan2, possibleloan1, possibleloan2)

Hello @ScottWorld,
thank you so much!! It works and I know what True and Fals are for. Perfect.

The formula works perfect, now the table looks different:
The line above is theusual line, but where something is calculated with the formula, the whole line looks different. is that normal? can I turn this of so that I just have plain lines?

PS I mean the 2nd and 3rd line where it says MAx mortgage (Name of the field row) and count 1) THANK YOU

You are grouping your records. Turn off the grouping.

Tim_Sander

Thank you so much for your patience. Brillant.
Feel free to ping me when having questions about online marketing. I am really grateful for your help.