1443 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zak_Kennedy
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey Everyone,  Needing help with another if statement.  It is not behaving in the manner I am expecting.

I have 3 fields Odo calculated (Formula Field), Odo miles (Number field) and Final Odometer (If statement).  I am trying to have the Final odometer field populate with the odometer calculated field if the odometer overwrite field is empty.  If the Odometer Overwrite field is not empty I want that number to populate in the Final Odometer field.

I currently have 

IF({ODO Miles} = " ",
{ODO Miles}, {Odo Calculated})
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

That formula looks fine.  What's wrong with it?  Could you provide some screenshots?

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

That formula looks fine.  What's wrong with it?  Could you provide some screenshots?

ODO Miles = Odometer Overwrite, yes? If so, then what you currently have -  IF({ODO Miles} = " "{ODO Miles}, {Odo Calculated}) - says “if the overwrite is empty, use the overwrite, otherwise use the calculation.”

What I think you want is the opposite:

IF({ODO Miles} = " ", {Odo Calculated}{ODO Miles})
or
IF({ODO Miles}, {ODO Miles}, {Odo Calculated}). 

Adam,

Please see a screenshot.  As you can see the calculation field Odo calculated shows since the Odo Miles is empty but where the odo miles is empty.

Zak_Kennedy_1-1671631360959.png

Zak_Kennedy_2-1671631481566.png

Hi I tried this equation and unfortunately it did the same thing I am experiencing with my equation.

Oh, because it’s not empty, it’s 0. 

IF({ODO Miles}>0, {ODO Miles}, {Odo Calculation}). 

Strange but the formula ended up working a few days later with no changes.  Must of been a glitch