349 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edd_Tillen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is sending me nuts. I feel like there should be a way of doing this, but can’t get my head around it.

I’ve got one table with Risk Assessments on, and another with Risk Treatments. I want to be able to start a record in the Risk Treatment table, and then use a link field to say which Risk it’s associated with. So far so good.

Now I want a Risk Treatment field in the Risk Assessment table to show which risk treatments are associated with that risk. At the minute, whenever I add a risk treatment, I have to manually add the risk in the Risk Treatment table, and then go back and manually add it to the Risk Assessment table too.

The problem I find is that the Risk Assessment table doesn’t link to Risk Treatment table until I manually create complete the link field. But the ref number field matches the linked Risk field on the Risk Treatment table. So that relationship has been established, but it appears to only be one way.

See, I’m talking myself in circles now, I just can’t get my head around it.

Edit: Ignore me. I’m an idiot. It was working all along. For anyone interested, it seems that when you create a relationship one way with a manually selected link field, then you don’t need to put a lookup field in the other table, just a link field, which will automatically complete itself. If that makes any sense.

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the Airtable community forum.

Glad to hear that you were able to solve your own problem!