661 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedstrom
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I have a field of clothing sizes which varies for each garment record. Ideally I'd like to be able to set up a single select field with options that vary depending clothing sizes held in the multiselect or linked field for that particular record.

I can display the options so the user manually picks one of those out of all the sizing options, but it would be nice if the options presented only pertained to the specific garment.

Is there a way to do this? Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

4 Replies 4

Unfortunately, dynamic/dependent dropdown values are not possible in Airtable. One solution is to employ naming conventions that combine values like "garment: size," although not always ideal.

Thanks for clarifying! I have it set up two tables for the two SKU levels garment and garment-size so there is a workaround whereby you select the size you want from garment-size when grouped by garment.

The original intention was to use a script to auto compile all the garments assigned to a person, then the person goes in and selects the size they want from the garments and I then join the garment and selected size to make the garment-size SKU to link back to the inventory. It might still work in a clunky way but I guess it's probably easier/simpler to just get them to select the sizes they want directly from the garment-size directory.

Thanks again!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@jedstrom 

Unfortunately, this is one of the biggest and most frustrating limitations of Airtable that users have been requesting for 10 years.

That will give you an idea of how responsive Airtable is to their customers’ requests. 🙄 

However, this can be done with one of these external tools: Fillout or Noloco.

Ah thanks for the links, I'll check them out as that might well be something we can make use of.

Much appreciated!