Help

Multiselect Columns - String operations - Replace, Calculate, Sum?

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
563 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valdemar_T
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello,

I have a multiselect column "Products" with empty, single, or multiple strings of product name inside.

E.g. Xbox 360, PS4, etc...

I want to create a separate column's, based on data from another table, that would take into account that column.
1. Would calculate number of separate strings (Clear)
2. Would replace string with number (Price of that product) (Data of price is stored in another table)
3. Would calculate total sum of all those product prices. 

How would you recommend to achieve that, via Replace, Scripting or something else? And how? Would highly appreciate help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If I were you I would use a linked field to another table instead of a multiselect field, linked to another table called "Products" where each record was a single product, inclusive of the price

> 1. Would calculate number of separate strings (Clear)
Doable via a "Count" field

> 2. Would replace string with number (Price of that product) (Data of price is stored in another table)
Doable via a "Lookup" field

Doable via a "Rollup" field with the formula `SUM(values)`

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If I were you I would use a linked field to another table instead of a multiselect field, linked to another table called "Products" where each record was a single product, inclusive of the price

> 1. Would calculate number of separate strings (Clear)
Doable via a "Count" field

> 2. Would replace string with number (Price of that product) (Data of price is stored in another table)
Doable via a "Lookup" field

Doable via a "Rollup" field with the formula `SUM(values)`

Valdemar_T
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks a lot, indeed I could achieve it simply via lookup.

I simply copied the Multiselect option to Lookup field, it has loaded all the prices, and with formula I could get the count and sum of the values!