2766 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terri_Bose
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I want to build a pdf catalog of my products grouped by product type. Not seeing an easy solution to this and I missing something?

Terri

17 Replies 17

Hi @Terri_Bose - when you say “links” do you mean links to your products (on a website)? Or something else?

JB

Terri_Bose
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, product link urls

Hi @Terri_Bose, yes, if you include the links in your table:

Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 17.22.01.png

When you print this to PDF, the links do work as expected:

Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 17.23.40 (2).png

The link could be an explicit link or derived in a formula field - works the same in the PDF print

JB

I wish I new what this meant. :blush: Can I show anchor text instead of the URL?

:slightly_smiling_face:

By explicit link, I meant the full URL, i.e. type or copy the URL into the field for each product. “Derived for a formula field” - I meant that if your URLs had a specific format, e.g.

https://www.mysite.com/product/{PRODUCT_ID}

Then you could derive this using a formula (assuming PRODUCT_ID is already in your table), so something like:

'https://www.mysite.com/product/' & {PRODUCT_ID}

I’m afraid you can’t have anchor text in a URL (or formula) field though, so something like:

“View Product”

with the link “attached” to it won’t work.

JB

thank you. This has all been a big help.

@JonathanBowen It’s worth noting that something has changed with the PDF export since you wrote that, and formula-generated URLs are no longer clickable. I could only get a clickable URL in a PDF from an actual URL field.

Hi @Justin_Barrett - oh yes, I see. Pretty sure I didn’t make that up :winking_face:

Wonder if this is an Airtable thing or something to do with the way the browser is rendering and printing the pdf? It is still the case that both the URL and a formula URL are clickable from within the Airtable UI.