Help

Post comment/question to customer request(submitted via form) directed by client for prompt action

Solved
Jump to Solution
355 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rullagaddimath
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

After the customer submits a request form to the client for order fulfilment, if the client has a follow-up question for the customer - Is there a feasibility/workaround to submit a comment/question on the request so that it can be re-directed to the customer for further clarifications/information? 

Can somebody suggest a workaround? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I'm having a little trouble keeping track of the back and forth between customer and client. But in general, one technique that I use when I want new submissions to be linked I pick one of these options:

- email the person a link to a form with a prefilled url that prefills the form with info used to link the new form submission with the original record.
- use a portal system where the user only interacts with their own system. This is possible in a native Airtable interface, but usually is cost prohibitive, so this usually involves a third party portal.

By the way, I don't know that tagging a bunch of people is necessary. There are many helpful people on these forums, and they come to the forums on different days and at different times of day to volunteer their abilities. Some people go several days without checking the forum. One disadvantage of tagging a bunch of people is that people who are not tagged may feel less inclined to to answer. There are multiple new up-and-coming and returning users who can give good answers who might feel be hesitant to answer when it looks like you want an answer from a specific person or group of people.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I'm having a little trouble keeping track of the back and forth between customer and client. But in general, one technique that I use when I want new submissions to be linked I pick one of these options:

- email the person a link to a form with a prefilled url that prefills the form with info used to link the new form submission with the original record.
- use a portal system where the user only interacts with their own system. This is possible in a native Airtable interface, but usually is cost prohibitive, so this usually involves a third party portal.

By the way, I don't know that tagging a bunch of people is necessary. There are many helpful people on these forums, and they come to the forums on different days and at different times of day to volunteer their abilities. Some people go several days without checking the forum. One disadvantage of tagging a bunch of people is that people who are not tagged may feel less inclined to to answer. There are multiple new up-and-coming and returning users who can give good answers who might feel be hesitant to answer when it looks like you want an answer from a specific person or group of people.

Thank you will keep that in mind for future queries. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If you're looking to have a back & forth commenting system between Airtable users and external customers, that is one of the many features that Noloco offers.

Noloco is one of the many Airtable portals that is available on the market.

I give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this Airtable podcast episode.

And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

And today, the CEO of Noloco gave a demonstration — and he briefly mentions the customer commenting system — on this Airtable  podcast episode.

Additionally, if yo'ure looking for customers to update their existing record in Airtable with possible notes & comments, you can also do this with Fillout's forms for Airtable, which give the ability to update Airtable records from a form

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld