cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bweber
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Everyone!

I'm relatively new to AirTable and figured this might be a question for you all! For context... I work with people who don't always reply to their emails or often miss conversations that we need their input on. Which means process get delayed when I don't get the answers quickly. That's okay though!

Anyways, I'm looking to create a prefilled form link that can list out all the questions in one place and constantly update. My idea is that those who answer the questions immediately will only see the most recent while those who miss emails or don't reply will see all of the questions they have not answered. The first part, generating the prefilled form link I figured out.

Now I for my ask for you folks - Is there a way I can conditionally hide fields if they answered the question in the past in the custom link. I'll use the example of one of my questions being "Vehicle" I know it won't be as easy but imagine their is a something like '&if'{vehicle}' '&hide_Vehicle=true'

If not, anyone have any recommendations for solutions? Did I explain that well? If not happy to clarify

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bweber
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Forgot to give the solution! I found a way with a looping field, take a look!

BW

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Yeap, what you mentioned in your post is totally doable and I think I'd do something like this:

"https://airtable.com/shr0jpk8NdlR5fUTi" &
IF(
  Vehicle,
  "?prefill_Vehicle=" & Vehicle & "&hide_Vehicle=true"
)

I think we are close. But still coming up with an error after I made some corrections. What if we broke up the code and only focus on the hide value if vehicle has an answer? Thoughts? See below.

Hmm, in your first screenshot you've added a "&" within the IF()'s first value that will error out I believe, and your second IF() doesn't have a value set.  Do check out Airtable's formula field reference as I think that'll prove very helpful

bweber
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Forgot to give the solution! I found a way with a looping field, take a look!

BW