Help

Really need your help - how to create an automation that does "contains" in MAKE with Airtable?

Solved
Jump to Solution
457 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zerem
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey guys, this is it -
I have 2 forms on the site -
1. Form for capturing leads (cold)
2. Another form at a more advanced stage that captures very hot leads.
I have automation in MAKE that actually transfers all the cold leads that come from the first form to the Airtable list.

In each line for each lead in Airtable there is a checkbox whose purpose is - did the same lead also fill out details in form 2? (in order to understand if it is a hot lead) because it is also possible to reach form 2 without going through form 1 and therefore I do not want to create an additional column for those who fill out the form 2 but to update in the same column of the lead the person who filled in form 1. (so I will not have duplicate columns with different email or something like that)

I managed to create an automation in Make that checks whether the incoming lead's email is in the list and if so to update, and if not to create a new one.

zerem_0-1671967530296.png

My problems are as follows:
1. Sometimes there are leads that use different emails when filling out form 2, so I want to check both the email and the phone. That is if you didn't find the email -> check the phone too -> if you didn't find either = creates a new one.
2. I can't scan the number entered in the Elementor form compared to the number that exists in Airtable because the numbers are registered in a different way, so I tried to pull only the last 5 digits of the phone number, but that doesn't work either.

I really need your help, I've been sitting on this for so long and it's driving me crazy.

I would appreciate your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You say that part of your difficulty is that phone numbers are entered in different ways. What if you use a formula field that converts the phone number to a standard format? Your Airtable formula for filtering could also use the FIND() function instead of equals.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You say that part of your difficulty is that phone numbers are entered in different ways. What if you use a formula field that converts the phone number to a standard format? Your Airtable formula for filtering could also use the FIND() function instead of equals.