cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devan_Kreitzer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello!

I have a Jotform survey automatically going into Airtable. Some of the questions have “Check all that apply” with an “Other” response that prompts a free form answer. These free form responses are being added as multi-select option in Airtable (rightfully so). I’m trying to do an Airtable Interface on the survey responses but, obviously, those free form responses are being considered.

In a column, I want the options and replacing the free form response with “Other”. Then in a separate column track the free form response (just so that data isn’t lost). Any ideas?

This is essentially what I’m trying to do:

The “Name” and “Q1 Answers” field is the only thing imported with survey responses.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Devan_Kreitzer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for your help! Actually got everyone onboard to just use a separate Other field, so all worked out lol

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

I would probably tackle this on the JotForm side.

Instead of using JotForm’s “Other” functionality, I would type in the actual word “Other” for that question.

Then, create a completely separate field in JotForm that asks people to type in their other answer there. That could even be a conditional field that only shows up if “Other” is selected.

Then you’ll have all the information separated properly before it even gets to Airtable.

I can propose it, but I have a strong feeling it’d be pushed against since we’ve already gone through coordinator approvals and translations.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to do what I need in Airtable? Honestly, thanks so much for the help!!

I don’t know of a way to do it natively in Airtable, but maybe others do! My guess is that it would involve scripting and accessing the metadata API.

Devan_Kreitzer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for your help! Actually got everyone onboard to just use a separate Other field, so all worked out lol