cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benoit_Lorent
5 - Automation Enthusiast

To explain my project, I have two tables :

- A "Movies" table that stores a list of movies, one of the fields in this table is an Attachment field that contains the movie poster image.

- A "Catalogs" table that has a link to the "Movies" table.

The goal of my project is to create catalogs by selecting the movies I want to include using the link to field, and then, by clicking a button, launch a Make scenario that retrieves the selected movie list and generates a catalog in PDF format using Eledo. The data insertion into Eledo is done in JSON format (example: {"title":"Movie1","description":"Description1","img":"URL1"},{"title":"Movie2","description":"Description2","img":"URL2"}).

Before the Airtable changes, this project was easily working because I could simply retrieve the movie image URL using a formula for the "URL" value. However, since the changes, this is no longer possible.

I do have a solution, which involves manually replacing the JSON for each movie in the Make scenario and setting the "URL" value to the functional URL "https://v5.airtableusercontent.com" that remains valid for 2 hours (which is more than enough time to launch the scenario). The issue is that this would consume a large number of Make operations, so I would like to know if there is a better solution.

Is there any way to obtain the "https://v5.airtableusercontent.com" URL of an Airtable attachment using a formula or any other method?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Did you mean TIFF format? Airtable doesn’t change formats… it just gives you the format that you originally uploaded.

If you need to convert formats, then I would use one of the many image conversion apps that are supported by Make, such as Image or Cloudinary or CloudConvert.

There are many more supported apps, too. Search for “convert” on this page.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

You don’t need to use a formula nor do any substitutions nor do any replacements. In Make.com, you simply need to point to the attachment field, which will give you multiple expiring URLs to choose from. More details here and here.

Benoit_Lorent

Thanks for the answer ! Tried that a few minutes ago, it worked but with errors on Eledo :

The URL Airtable give now look to be in a RIFF format, a format that is not supported in Eledo sadly

I tried to add a "Get a file" module to download the image and insert it in Eledo directly as a binary file, the scenario worked without error but when I look the result, no image appear on the PDF

I think the problem is on Eledo side so I contacted the support

Thanks for the help anyways !

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Did you mean TIFF format? Airtable doesn’t change formats… it just gives you the format that you originally uploaded.

If you need to convert formats, then I would use one of the many image conversion apps that are supported by Make, such as Image or Cloudinary or CloudConvert.

There are many more supported apps, too. Search for “convert” on this page.

Thanks for your answer ! I discovered that the problem was from me, one of the image I use was in webp format. I correct it so all are at png format and the scenario work now, I can insert the Airtable url directly into the Eledo module and have a PDF with working images.

Thanks a lot !