Help

Separating a long ling of text into distinct list and then inputting it back into multi select field

740 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara_Ophoff
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello! 

I have a Typeform that is connected to an Airtable base.

There is one question that in the Typeform that is a multiselct (the user can pick more than one option).

When it translates to the Airtable multiselect field (the field is call "Select Dates"), it comes through as a massive long option that is super hard to read:  

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 9.13.47 AM.png

YIKES - I am wondering if there is a formula that can separate this out into distinct values, such as - 

• Tuesday: February 28th at 12p PT / 3p ET 
  • Wednesday, February 15th at 10a PT / 1p ET 
  • Thursday February 9th at 11a PT / 2p ET 
  • Tuesday, February 14th at 10a PT / 1p ET 
  • Thursday February 9th at 11a PT / 2p ET 
  • Tuesday, February 14th at 10a PT / 1p ET 

(there are also duplicates in there.... but thats not the worst thing / I don't mind... )

My plan is to then take the output of that formula and use an automation to re-submit the cleaned up values into the multi-select field named "Select Dates" in Airtable.

The formula seems easy enough... but I can't figure it out! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

1 Reply 1

Hm if you paste that massive long option of text into a multiselect field I think that would just work actually; it would separate into individual options pretty cleanly

To answer your initial question though, try doing a `SUBSTITUTE({Field name}, ",", "\n")` and see whether you're happy with the output of that.  Basically replacing the commas with a new line (the "\n")