199 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaurenMaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there— Grateful for your help in figuring this out.

I have a single select dropdown field in one cell. If a user selects an option in that dropdown field, I'd like the cell next to it to replace the text based on whatever is selected. So in the screenshot, if someone selects "Brown" in the dropdown, I'd like the cell to the right to show just the text "Color Theme D". 

Is there some kind of IF statement or formula I can use in that new cell? Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jack_Manuel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Your best bet would be a SWITCH statement, rather than an IF (if you have more than a couple of options, or might in the future).

The structure for a SWITCH is {something to test} and then pairs of outcomes and actions based on the {something to test} and then a default.

e.g.

SWITCH(
  {Segment Palette},
  'Brown', 'Color Theme D',
  'Blue', 'Color Theme B',
  'Default'
)

So it's test {Segment Palette}, if it's 'Brown', print 'Color Theme D', if it's 'Blue', pring 'Color Theme B', if it's something else, print 'Default'.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Jack_Manuel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Your best bet would be a SWITCH statement, rather than an IF (if you have more than a couple of options, or might in the future).

The structure for a SWITCH is {something to test} and then pairs of outcomes and actions based on the {something to test} and then a default.

e.g.

SWITCH(
  {Segment Palette},
  'Brown', 'Color Theme D',
  'Blue', 'Color Theme B',
  'Default'
)

So it's test {Segment Palette}, if it's 'Brown', print 'Color Theme D', if it's 'Blue', pring 'Color Theme B', if it's something else, print 'Default'.

LaurenMaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Worked perfectly, thanks!!!