775 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Kennedy1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'm having a hard time cleaning a long text value so that it can be passed to an API as a JSON value via a Post Request.  After running lots of different cleaning formulas, which all yield 'bad character' errors, I think I've narrowed the problem down to some strange behavior re: line breaks - as demonstrated in the table below, where the same formula yields oddly different outputs for different text blocks.  

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 6.33.09 PM.png

REGEX_REPLACE formula is used to replace ''\n" characters w/ Xs

The formula output for record A works as expected.  In Record B only some line breaks appear to have been replaced.   Record C is a duplicate of Record B that has been modified with one character "$." This modification seems to trigger the formula to find the second set of '\n' characters.  

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 6.38.45 PM.png

In some cases, while testing this, it seems like the list view and detail view yield different results when I copy and paste them into a text editor.  One view yields collapsed text and another yields text with line breaks still in it.  I haven't had time to study this problem so it may be hard to replicate. 

Any help appreciated.

2 Replies 2
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

It is better to match all the line break codes, as they may differ depending on the environment

regex_replace("\r\n|\n|\r","X")

Thanks Sho - agreed.  This is a good technique.  However I still get the same buggy response w/ that formula.  It seems not to recognize the characters.