Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Use a multi-select to return info from different fields

Topic Labels: Formulas
445 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul-morrill
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I know if I use a switch, I can write a formula to return a single value from different fields based on a given input from a single-select field. Like if the select field has options A, B, C, it’d be SWITCH({select field}, A, {Field A}, B, {Field B}, C, {Field C}).

What I want to do, though, is have multiple inputs that return multiple outputs combined into a single text string. Is there a way to do that?

I’m trying to show who needs to review a project on different rounds of review. Round 1 might need Role A and Role B, Round 2 might need Role C and Role D, and so on - I have that info logged in a definitions table. I also have assignment info for each project, like “On Project X, Role A is Alice, Role B is Ben, while on Project Y, Role A is Albert and Role B is Betty”. So then in the table where I list out the rounds of review that happen for my projects, I want to combine that info and have a “reviewer” field that returns the reviewer names, so like Project X’s Round 1 reviewer field says “Alice, Ben”. Can I do that with airtable formulas or do I have to write a script?

0 Replies 0