194 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Il_Ballo_del_Do
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

How do I use sum values automatically calculated when grouping fields for other formulas?

I have to calculate the sum of values of a grouped field in other formulas. Is it possible? someone told about rollup, but I did not manage to obtain any useful result. 

I would need to obtain something like that in the screenshot in the sum field...

Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

Screenshot 2024-04-12 alle 13.06.15.png

7 Replies 7
Brian_Sweeny
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi! It would be hard to answer this without accurate table names and an idea of what you are trying to do. Without any context, however, it does seem like rollup fields located in a separate table is a good recommendation  - Brian

Yeap, it's possible and you'd use rollup fields for it like you said.  What issues did you face while trying to do that?

https://support.airtable.com/docs/rollup-field-overview

followed all the material but rollup is everytime not working. perhaps I'm wrong with something. I need to use the sum calculated when i group my records by Id. Could you please make an example made upon my example?

What am I missing? Lookup field must to be in another tab? there are only three or four passages what I'm doing wrong? Is there somewhere an example table online?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Il_Ballo_del_Do
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you very much, but I can't figure how table 1 link to grouped items automatically populates himself with grouped values...

Il_Ballo_del_Do
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

thanks Adam, is there a preset automation for such a task?