cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loewe
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with the color formatting for Formula Feilds displayed as progress bars, it seems buggy:
With decimal percentages the conditions are not recognized properly, I have the following conditions on a field

loewe_0-1698401876247.jpeg

but the results are unfortunately wrong for values that are near the "breakpoints".

loewe_1-1698401876259.jpegloewe_2-1698401876536.jpegloewe_3-1698401876259.jpegloewe_4-1698401876292.jpeg

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

In my sample the formula for the percent field (named percent) is similar, 

Done/Target
For the bar it just 
percent-.0049

See Solution in Thread

8 Replies 8
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @loewe,

I've tried it, seem like color condition apparently can only handle integers.
It is a regret.

Seems like I'm nitpicking, but it's a rounding limitation rather than an integer limitation (49% is actually .49 not 49).  Taking that into consideration, if you can display the percent figure separate from the bar, then adjust the formula for the bar to something like percent-.0049 you should get the desired color.  In the sample below 50% is the cutoff for the color changing from red to yellow, so the original on the left is incorrect, the adjustment on the right is correct.  

BillH_0-1698421514569.png

loewe

Thanks @Sho and @BillH for your reply.

@BillH I'm not sure about how to go to do that. Can you please provide the formula you input in the new field?

My field is a simple x/y operation, formatted as percentage and displayed as bar.

Thanks

In my sample the formula for the percent field (named percent) is similar, 

Done/Target
For the bar it just 
percent-.0049

I was confused and deleted my earlier post...

I see, so you mean subtract 0.0049
Excellent solution!

loewe

Thanks @BillH 

although I must say that'd be better if the field would work as expected instead of implementing this workaround😅

Thanks gain and have a great day

I'm glad it worked.  I agree it would be far better if the field worked correctly, but then again, if everything worked as well as expected a lot of us would be unemployed.

loewe

😂