Help
Development & APIs
Share, ask questions, and learn more about the backend of your Airtable applications.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

View "now" filters don't update through the API

I’m using the Airtable API to pull down data from a View that is filtered by “now” filters. I have a calculated field which returns how many days it has been since that record was created (to return “everything that was created yesterday”) as well as...

Chris_Moyer by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a way to 'patch' a record?

If I PUT a record without including every field, those missing fields are emptied losing the data that they held. Is there a way to PATCH a record by only supplying the modified fields ensuring the rest are untouched?

filterByFormula - link column

Is there a way to use the filterByFormula URL parameter to retrieve rows based on the value of a link column? I can look up text and numeric values, but it looks like link columns are an array. I’ve tried: AND(Column_Name=[recordID]) AND(Column_Nam...

Build query to trim the data returned

It was referencing the Api for the ‘Favorite Movies’ demo database. To test and learn the api, I was trying to retrieve data from the table Movies and only bring back a description of the movie The Godfather. I tried various codes using the method ‘Q...

filterByFormula with OR nested inside AND

I’m attempting to find a list of specific records that also meet other criteria, such as a date—however nothing is returned. AND( IS_BEFORE({Start Date},TODAY()), OR(RECORD_ID()=‘recyZ1f0RSR1rTr3Z’,RECORD_ID()=‘recIFWsWuTPjAkxhg’)) Is it possible to ...

Requesting Data / Views

Just a heads up: When requesting data via the API, if you specify a view that doesn’t exist, then the current version of the API will return a NULL result (instead of throwing an error). I ran into this by accident. I was using a view name that had a...

Idea: Link to a Base's API

When viewing a base in Airtable (via the browser interface), it would be really convenient to be able to click on a link and jump directly to that base’s API documentation. Maybe add it to the “Share” area? ~ Tim

About the API category

Discuss the Airtable API Airtable Airtable: Organize anything you can imagine Airtable works like a spreadsheet but gives you the power of a database to organize anything. Sign up for free.

Labels