Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Add record and give list of options based on existing records

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
395 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bitstreams_red
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Let me start by saying that I have been trying to do this in Interfaces but I've also had a look at the new Forms feature.

What I would really like to do is present the user with a grid with 4 columns:

MakeLineModel Qty

When the user clicks in the blank line under Make, they get a drop-down that lists all the current values in the Make field (unique values). Then they do the same for Line and Model, based on the selection under Make - i.e. a decreasing filtered list. They then manually enter a qty. They can then add more rows as they complete the 'form'.

Ideally they would also be able to have the option to ignore the drop down selection and enter a value in any column that doesn't already exist in the data.

I can't work out how to do this and don't really know if it's a form view on the Data area, a Form in an Interface or if I would use the new Forms feature.

Any ideas ?

2 Replies 2

I'd suggest using an Interface with a Grid element like so:

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 8.53.29 PM.png

This would allow you to put the fields side by side like you want, as well as easily add rows

To limit the selection based on the selected Line / Model, try using the conditionals in the linked fields:

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 8.52.12 PM.png

And this is how the data is set up:
Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 8.51.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 8.51.54 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 8.51.59 PM.png

As a result, in the "Line" field, "Make 2 Line A" cannot be selected if "Make 1" is selected in the "Make" field:

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 8.55.28 PM.png

And if you change it to "Make 2" you can select it:

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 8.55.37 PM.png
Link to base

Hello,

One way to do that is to create an interface with a "blank canva" and to add a list linked to your table. You can then group your list by Make and Line (Groupe and Marque_ID in my example):

Pascal_Gallais_0-1720097590210.png

If you select the Option "Collapse by default" for the list, then users will first see the list of existing makes and will have the possibility to open the group they are intersted with.

They can then modify the "Quantity" value or add a new record within a group (make and line values will automatically fed).

It is also possible to add a make or a line within a make.

Be aware of followig points:

- Users must have an editor licence to have the possibility to modify or add information

- Users can delete records (to my knowledge, there is no way to remove this option if you want users to have the possibility to add records)

Regards,

Pascal