1035 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juan_Gutierrez1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, I have a field that references the customer table. When I work in grid mode, it gives me the opportunity to add a new record in this field, however if I create a form and enter this field does not give me the option to add records.
How can I enable this option to add records in a link to another record field in a form?

Many thanks for your help

Ejemplo.gif

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, that is not possible with Airtable's forms. You would need to come up with a workaround for that.

A few good workarounds are:

1. EASY: You could give them a link to another form where they can add new customers from that other form.

2. HARDER: You could add a fake customer in your customers table called something like "ADD NEW CUSTOMER". When the user chooses that, other hidden fields would conditionally appear where they can type in the new customer information on that form. Then, you would create an Airtable automation to move all of the information into the proper spots after the form is submitted.

3. EASY: You could use Fillout, which is an advanced form builder that is specifically built for Airtable. It lets people add new linked records from one unified form.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, that is not possible with Airtable's forms. You would need to come up with a workaround for that.

A few good workarounds are:

1. EASY: You could give them a link to another form where they can add new customers from that other form.

2. HARDER: You could add a fake customer in your customers table called something like "ADD NEW CUSTOMER". When the user chooses that, other hidden fields would conditionally appear where they can type in the new customer information on that form. Then, you would create an Airtable automation to move all of the information into the proper spots after the form is submitted.

3. EASY: You could use Fillout, which is an advanced form builder that is specifically built for Airtable. It lets people add new linked records from one unified form.

Juan_Gutierrez1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What a disappointment. Thank you very much for reading and answering my message, the first simple option has already been explored, let's go with number 3, thank you very much again and have a great week.