Help

Re: Adding new linked records on an element within Interfaces // When will this be available?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1949 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Cavanaugh
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere, I couldn't find a similar post and need to get this off my chest 🙂

I'm desperate to have the functionality available to add new linked records through an element on an interface in whatever layout / style I need (List, Grid, Kanban...etc). Right now it appears the only way to do this is to add a "Field" element from the linked records, and use the "card" layout.

When you add an element like a list, kanban, grid...etc that shows linked records, I want to filter those linked records by the main parent record, AND have the ability to add new linked records to parent record through one of these element layouts.

Each element filters properly and appears to keep the button where adding new linked record should be, though it's grayed out, locked, and displays a tool tip saying "this feature is not currently available....etc"

The verbiage of the alert leads me to think this is a feature that's coming very soon, or AT would have just removed the button rather than specifying "not CURRENTLY available".

Having access to this would be a HUGE value unlock for me and my team and would greatly expand the usefulness of interfaces for us.

Does anyone have any insight into when / if this feature will be available? 

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 10.40.30 AM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bennett_Hauser

I was able to replicate the functionality I was looking for with a button tied to an automation. Certainly recommend exploring giving the user a button to click to achieve the same effect. The automation can also do far more complicated things like filling out a few fields for you. 

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Bennett_Hauser

I am also very much in need of this

Sebi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For us it would be really useful as well... But you've still got another month until we need it 😜

Thank you for your awesome software and service.

I would love this also. It’s the only thing preventing me from rolling out AT across various orgs that I am part of 

Bennett_Hauser

I was able to replicate the functionality I was looking for with a button tied to an automation. Certainly recommend exploring giving the user a button to click to achieve the same effect. The automation can also do far more complicated things like filling out a few fields for you. 

How do you add a button to a form in interfaces? It doesn't let me:

danilo_0-1685977863669.png

Having interface forms to create records is great, and is much more user-friendly,  but not letting you create related records from said forms seems a bit silly.