cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eren1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello all,

We have a fleet of vehicles. The people still fill in the data on a sheet of paper. I'm trying to digitize this a bit and I'm using the interface function (Forms).

The person in charge would like to have a function that ensures that people cannot enter incorrect kilometers since they have to split up their kilometers driven.

Do you know if something like this would be possible? Unfortunately, I have not been able to make it work.

Thank you very much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No, this is not possible with Airtable’s forms.

You would need to use JotForm, which offers the ability to perform calculations in your form, and then you would disable the submit button if your 2 calculation fields don’t match.

After the form is submitted, you would automatically send the data from JotForm to Airtable by using Make’s JotForm integrations.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No, this is not possible with Airtable’s forms.

You would need to use JotForm, which offers the ability to perform calculations in your form, and then you would disable the submit button if your 2 calculation fields don’t match.

After the form is submitted, you would automatically send the data from JotForm to Airtable by using Make’s JotForm integrations.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Eren1

Hi Scott. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Just using a "blank" interface would not give me more options, right?

I don’t think so.

Jon_Stephenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Afraid not - field validation in AT is limited to CHAR, NUMERIC, DATE, TIME etc, i.e. the field type - You cannot   perform logical checks on the data entered if it matches the field type - But their party add ons will provide this for you (at a  cost)