Help

Re: Airtable interface forms - need to clear data when opening new form....

333 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DAN_SMITH2
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We are currently opening prefilled interface forms via url but have noticed since the forms upgrade if you open more than one form at a time it copies the partially filled form results.

Our use case requires us to have more than one form being used at a time on the same browser

Is this a Google Chrome issue or an Airtable issue?
Is there anything I could add to the URL to clear any cached data every time a form opens?

I know there is a clear form link at the bottom of the form page but didn't need to do this on the old interface form setup?

Any help appreciated

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, this seems to be a problem with the new interface forms that a few of my Airtable consulting clients have been stumbling upon as well. It was definitely frustrating for them.

Until Airtable fixes this issue, the #1 perfect solution for this problem is to use Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable.

Not only is Fillout 100% free, and not only can you open multiple prefilled forms simultaneously (each one in their own tab), but get this: YOU NEVER HAVE TO PREFILL FORMS AGAIN, because Fillout gives you the ability to directly update Airtable records from a form!

Fillout also offers dozens of advanced Airtable-specific features that you can’t get from Airtable’s native forms, such as displaying lookup fields & formulas & rollup fields & existing attachment images on forms, creating new linked records on a form, visually displaying as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list, limiting the number of linked records that can be chosen, multi-page forms with conditional paths, accepting payments on forms, and dozens of other advanced Airtable-specific features that are not available in Airtable’s native forms.

I give a brief demonstration of Fillout on this Airtable podcast episode.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Ah...this is a feature to let users resume partial form submissions and I'm not aware of a way to turn it off, and I don't think you can turn it off via URL params either

Assuming the link is accessible to anyone on the web, you could try opening the form in a private tab perhaps?  That would give you two forms at least, and if you needed more you could use another browser and yet another private tab hah

If you do end up using Fillout note that it allows the resuming of partial submissions by default, and you can turn it off by going to Settings -> Form Behavior

Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 10.49.49 AM.png

While you CAN turn off that setting in Fillout — and it might be a good idea in this circumstance — you don't really need to worry about turning off that setting, because Fillout will always give the user the option of starting a new form in a new tab, so you can have multiple different forms open in multiple different tabs.

Thanks for the reply, I agree Fillout is great form software and works well on a retail site but the forms we are using are internal and used many times daily. Fillout is a little slow pulling single select data lists from airtable and cannot compare to the speed of using the interface forms....

Hopefully, Airtable will add some kind of option to switch on/off for remembering incomplete form data soon

In the meantime switched back to using the legacy form version which seems like madness!