1084 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jared_Wright
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have been working on an interface and now out of knowing where the interface is missing Need immediate help.

Jared_Wright_0-1686080209187.png

This is a video of the problem:

https://www.loom.com/share/22631af0ef0c4a5e84110a526cfd1e14

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's great to hear that this could do the trick and I'm sorry that this has proven to be a hassle! This is a bug rather than a foreseeable behavior, but we do know that in the instances seen, it has happened when the published pages are hidden in edit mode and the buggy behavior occurs in the redirect, prompting users to the blank page rather than edit mode. Engineering is shoring up this behavior with a full fix expected early next week, though until then, having the correct link to the page(s), as you now have, is the workaround.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi Jared—thanks for surfacing this! That behavior would seemingly indicate that there are currently no visible pages that are published rather than no pages existing (see this gif for added insight). At the 1:55 timestamp of your Loom (much appreciated!), I see the pointer offers the ability to click Edit interface again. My thoughts here are that this should put you back into editing mode where you can adjust this, or you could alternatively navigate to the upper lefthand menu access to do so. If this doesn't resolve the issue for you, let me know and we can continue to dig further in!

In the video I offed I did both suggestions that you offered and they did not work the only option that I see is to completely start over. 

Do you see any other option?

Hey Jared! I was able to discuss this further with engineering in the time since. While it is expected behavior that a page will not show if at least one page is not hidden from the left nav, there is a bug that they’re working on where users are currently being redirected to the page bundle URL instead of the page URL, causing this blocker. I’ve just sent you a private message with the correct urls to unblock this for you.

I Got you links and one of them has allowed me to see the old interface that I built. 

I want to be clear that originally I had my interface published and one page was visible my client had used it successfully. Then suddenly the page was missing and I had no choice but to start over from starch. Now I am seeing the old interface page that I created.

I just want to be clear about what is going on so that I can be sure this will not happen again. Can you give me more information as to why my interface disappeared?

That's great to hear that this could do the trick and I'm sorry that this has proven to be a hassle! This is a bug rather than a foreseeable behavior, but we do know that in the instances seen, it has happened when the published pages are hidden in edit mode and the buggy behavior occurs in the redirect, prompting users to the blank page rather than edit mode. Engineering is shoring up this behavior with a full fix expected early next week, though until then, having the correct link to the page(s), as you now have, is the workaround.