1180 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Grego
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

When comments are entered in an interface (using the Record Comments element) where are they saved on the record? When I go back into the base, I can’t find the comments. Any help from this amazing group of users?

5 Replies 5
Katherine_Grego
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

UPDATE - I found where the comments landed (as a number on the record name). I need to be able to pull the comment to put it on another interface view. Is that possible? Or do I just need to create an editable field in the underlying table and use that element instead?

Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

There’s no accessing the comments outside of the record they are added to at the moment. Don’t forget they vanish after a while, time dependant on plan.

A notes field could work for sure, but a better option might be a devoted linked log table, with a new row for each comment. That way you could mimic the comments functionality more fully and in a more flexible format.

Thanks Joe! Great idea on the linked log table - that may be the way to go for what we need. And thanks for the head-ups on comments vanishing, I had no idea. Love this forum!

They don’t actually :blush:

Can you remove or edit a comment created by another collaborator?

Currently, comments can only be edited or deleted by the collaborator that created that comment. Comments are never removed from a base (regardless of a workspace’s plan level) - even if the collaborator who originally made the comment is removed.

Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Ah! My mistake - I was thinking it was included within revision and snapshot history.