cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NitaiLS
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

Is there a way to create a download a CSV button to the interface for users to be able to export the record or list details as CSV? if it can be done, How do I do it?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable has now added some limited CSV downloading functionality to some (but not all) of their interface pages.

In the meantime, until this is fully rolled out to all of Airtable's interface pages, you can do this with Make’s CSV tools, which would download a CSV file to a specified cloud drive folder. I show how to do this on this Airtable podcast episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLqssva4liHRwHhQIpTXekG8WObEoyC2F1&v=cMA4GPj4iNE

Once you set it up with Make, back in Airtable you would just click on a button in Airtable or check a checkbox or choose an option from a single-select field, and then your CSV file will be automatically generated in your cloud drive for you.

Check out my video above for how easy this is to setup!

Alternatively, you can pay extra money for an external interface/portal app, such as Noloco or JetAdmin. Both of these offer the ability to add a Download CSV button to your interfaces.

I give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast. And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable has now added some limited CSV downloading functionality to some (but not all) of their interface pages.

In the meantime, until this is fully rolled out to all of Airtable's interface pages, you can do this with Make’s CSV tools, which would download a CSV file to a specified cloud drive folder. I show how to do this on this Airtable podcast episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLqssva4liHRwHhQIpTXekG8WObEoyC2F1&v=cMA4GPj4iNE

Once you set it up with Make, back in Airtable you would just click on a button in Airtable or check a checkbox or choose an option from a single-select field, and then your CSV file will be automatically generated in your cloud drive for you.

Check out my video above for how easy this is to setup!

Alternatively, you can pay extra money for an external interface/portal app, such as Noloco or JetAdmin. Both of these offer the ability to add a Download CSV button to your interfaces.

I give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast. And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Download CSV links are available only for signed-in users.

https://airtable.com/v0.3/view/{ViewID:viw~}/downloadCsv?x-time-zone={Timezone}&x-airtable-application-id={AppID:app~}

{Timezone} : Etc/GMT-14 ~ Etc/GMT ~ Etc/GMT+12 ( "+" need Encoding : Etc/GMT%2B12)
Time zone is applied to date fields.

NitaiLS
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you!

This was super helpful, thank you!  I added a button to my interface to allow users to download CSVs.  I wish there was a way to let them filter before downloading.. but they can achieve that in Excel.