1410 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kurt_Germaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Never have I faced such an illogical design decision in recent memory. I'm furious. I got an email saying that something was wrong with their interface and they couldn't view certain linked records, which is when I found this change. I can't even find the email where you guys talked about this. 

I designed interfaces, and with some update they are all broken. Expanding a record takes you to some random view used from another element in the design, instead of the table's view that it is sourcing from that you're trying to expand (just like evvvvery where else in AT). Why the heck isn't it using the view from the source table in the element? I have to redesign all interfaces because of this, and each table that is attached to it. It's like starting from scratch, all over again. And, with multiple views, I have to hand design that for each one because they can't simply be duplicated. 

And don't get me talking about the snapping and resizing behavior that is infuriating when I'm already mad I have to do this in the first place. Trying to simply move an element to the top of a column causes it to think you want to resize it, make a new column, or any other random behavior besides it going where you want it to go. It's always been like this. 

What should have been a helpful addition (the ability to control each field's location, privacy, and how it is displayed) is now incredibly annoying and work intensive . Did you guys think about the implications of making these changes? It got me frustrated enough to come here to write this. That says something. 

Ohhhhh now what the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't have  a dang different expanded view for records attached to the same table in a different view??!?!?!?!?!?!@?!@?!?!!?!??! 

6 Replies 6
Kurt_Germaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

interfaces are completely broken and useless for us now with this change - If I can't have a record expand and look like the view / table it came from with different elements interfaces are worthless. 

Kurt_Germaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

"This layout will be used for all records in Table."

This option NEEDS to change, there isn't an option to change this behavior. This breaks everything about having multiple views / tables in one interface, because the fields you need are different for each view. 

Kurt_Germaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

And I can't batch select elements and change their permissions, I have to do it... one... by.... one. 

Excellent. 

Polen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I feel your pain. It is mine as well.

Kurt_Germaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Especially because it's all interfaces, all views, and every expanded record. 

Why can't it be simple and give me the option to use the view it came from, instead of hand designing each one. *sigh*

Kurt_Germaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

And when you expand a record, you can't click a button to view the next record. You have to:

1. Go back. Wait for the interface to load. 

2. Scroll down again.

3. Click the record to expand and wait for it to load. 

4. Rinse and repeat. 

Can we at least get buttons for the next record (just like in a normal AT expanded view)?