1197 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_Vollaro
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am loving the new Interface Desinger! In the help docs there is an example of a filter with a drop-down: Getting Started: Airtable Interface Designer | Airtable Guides

In my Base, I am using linked tables to provide selection options (instead of a standard Single or Multiple Select field.) Is there a way to provide a drop-down filter in Interface Designer for linked tables? When I create a filter, it only allows for a “Contains” text input:
Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 2.31.55 PM

2 Replies 2
Jonathan_Lutz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Tom & welcome to the community! Unfortunately, currently Airtable only supports text comparison filters when using linked records as you have seen.

Theoretically you could work around this limitation by using a single/multi-select field alongside the linked record field, & using an automation to set the selectable options & selected value of that field whenever the linked record field changes. This would need to be done via a scripting step in the automation.

Depending on your use case, you may or may not need to worry about the reverse. Meaning, automatically setting the linked record field value when the single/multi-select field changes. If just using the select field as a reporting filter, then this reverse scenario shouldn’t be needed.

Hope this helps!

Tom_Vollaro
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for the clarification. At least I know I was not missing something :grinning: It does seem like a strange limitation in AirTable - since using Linked tables to manage the content in a selection list is so much more powerful and flexible than relying on the normal Select fields