cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elie
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

In an interface form, I have this field that is linked to another source.

elie_0-1701623046339.png

When clinking the "+ Add record", my end user will have the possibility to link a record from another table.

Unfortunately, when I click on the "+ Add record" button, a new form open, with nothing but just the autonumber of the record, and no other details.

elie_1-1701623199703.png

As you can see on the picture above, just the autonumber, which is somewhat really tricky to know which record to select...

Details for the form's parameters here :

elie_2-1701623456564.png

Can someone please explain how to show all the details from the other table on that form?

Thank you a lot,

Elie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, that is not possible with Airtable's forms.

Your only option within Airtable itself is to change your primary field (in the linked table) to be a formula field which contains all the information that you would like to see on the form.

Otherwise, most people these days are using Fillout to do what you want, which is 100% free and is the world's most advanced form software for Airtable.

Fillout does exactly what you want natively built into their app, and it also does hundreds of other advanced things that Airtable's forms don't do.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, that is not possible with Airtable's forms.

Your only option within Airtable itself is to change your primary field (in the linked table) to be a formula field which contains all the information that you would like to see on the form.

Otherwise, most people these days are using Fillout to do what you want, which is 100% free and is the world's most advanced form software for Airtable.

Fillout does exactly what you want natively built into their app, and it also does hundreds of other advanced things that Airtable's forms don't do.

elie

Thank you for your answer ! Guess I'll have to redo all my interfaces on fillout !

Have a great day,

Elie

@elie You're welcome! Note that you can always add a button or a link onto your existing Airtable interfaces to take people to the appropriate Fillout form.